[rrd-users] Pulling out raw numbers from an RRD

McCann, Brian bmccann at andmore.com
Mon Feb 20 22:49:45 MET 2006

I have a question for you all that I've been stumped with on and off,
and now I really have a need for it.  I read in the man page for rrdtool
that the RRD stores the raw values it were sent in to rrdtool update.  I
have a need for pulling out those raw numbers every 24 hours.  I've
looked at 'fetch', (rrdtool fetch myrrd.rrd MAX), but that still appears
to be doing some math to the numbers, since I know it's getting whole
numbers passed in, and I'm getting decimals out.  Here's my rrd
definition:

rrdtool create /usr/local/www/data/mrtg/data/myrrd.rrd \
     DS:0:GAUGE:600:U:U \
     DS:1:GAUGE:600:U:U \
     DS:2:GAUGE:600:U:U \
     DS:3:GAUGE:600:U:U \
     DS:4:GAUGE:600:U:U \
     DS:5:GAUGE:600:U:U \
     DS:6:GAUGE:600:U:U \
     DS:spam:GAUGE:600:U:U \
     DS:total:GAUGE:600:U:U \
     RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:600      \
     RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:700      \
     RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:24:775     \
     RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:288:797    \
     RRA:MAX:0.5:1:600          \
     RRA:MAX:0.5:6:700          \
     RRA:MAX:0.5:24:775         \
     RRA:MAX:0.5:288:797

I'm at a complete loss...any help would be great!

Thanks,
--Brian