[rrd-users] Putting text directly on a graph

Jen Becker jenbecker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 18:03:19 MET 2006

Morning folks --

I love RRD.  I've been using it for the last few years very
successfully.  Now I have some features I'd love to add to my graphs,
but I'm not sure how (or if I can).

My main goal is to add landmarks to my graphs -- vertical lines
marking milestones to provide some context to the data.  However,
basic vertical lines become confusing when there are 4 or 5 to a
graph, even with a legend.

Ideally I imagine putting a comment next to the vertical line on the
graph itself -- for instance, "Milestone 1, 4/27/05" next to the line
at the top of the graph.  However, digging through the documention
doesn't seem to show any method for putting text on the graph itself.

Am I out of luck?  Or did I miss something?

Thanks for your help!
- jen