[rrd-users] Need Help with GPRINT

Amir Baninajar pars40 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 13:26:12 MET 2006

 Hi, Im quite new to rrdtool, and would be very grateful if you could help me.

  I have created a graph that displays the CPU load from a server for a specific period.

  I have no problem creating the chart itself.  But I also want to  print the max value (also min and average) of CPU load for that period  at the bottom of graph, like the examples in the gallery.  I have  looked at the sample code and I think ive followed the right  path.  But I get the error "ERROR: bad format for GPRINT in  '.2lf'" when I try to run the batch file (I run the command in batch  file in windows).

  here is my code
  rrdtool graph graphs/graph1-1.png --start N-60s --end N -S 1
       --vertical-label 'percentage' -u 100 -l 0 -w 600 -h 150
      --title "CPU load in the past minute" DEF:myspeed=db1.rrd:speed:AVERAGE
      VDEF:maxspeed=myspeed,MAXIMUM AREA:myspeed#B9B9FF:"CPU
      load\n" HRULE:80#FF0000:"overloaded\n" GPRINT:maxspeed:"%6.2lf"

  i looked at the other codes and it seems im the only one having this problem.

  Any help would be greatly appreciated