[rrd-users] Re: Migrating RRD data to RDBMS

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Jan 25 20:28:16 MET 2006

I should ask why, because what does does have to do with
anything relational at all?  Then again, it's the government
and I had my stint with the Social Security Administration in
DC on 14th street a while ago, so to question why is pointless.

What are you trying to gain?  5 minute samples?  30
minute averages?  Are you doing this so that some
dba (maybe even you) can do some data trending
with a language a little more familiar (unlike the
RRD.pm maybe)?  Do you have to do this for long
term data storage?  Do you need to do this for
a government requirement or something else?
Does it need to be within x number of minutes of
the data being collected (like within a day)?

Paul

>>> "Ruttenberg, Tanya" <Tanya.Ruttenberg at ssa.gov> 01/25/06 12:20 PM

We have a requirement to migrate data from RRD files to an RDBMS.

My current idea is to do a daily export from the rrdfiles, parse the
export
file, and update the RDBMS with the resulting numbers.

Is anyone out there doing this already?  Suggestions?

Tanya Ruttenberg - RSIS Contractor
OTSO/DNE/NMPEB
tanya.ruttenberg at ssa.gov
410-965-9605