[rrd-users] Re: Migrating RRD data to RDBMS

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Jan 26 15:00:15 MET 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 02:16:39PM +0100, Georges Toth wrote:
> > No, that's not what I want. That's only a time period with one start
> > and one end time. Only for a daily average you are right.
> > I want, for example, an average over a week, month or year, but only
> > between 8am and 6pm and only from Mo - Fr.
>
> Ah ok...I see.
> I'm wondering though if that isn't doable with some CDEF's.

It is to a certain point.  Then, as soon as consolidation kicks in,
the results may be less accurate.

The problems:
A day is not equal to 24 hours
Working hours may not a whole multiple of "step*steps" (i.e the amount
of PDPs per CDP)

Using localtime is not a problem (RRDtool has LTIME).

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/