[rrd-users] Problem with numeric cname in CDEF

Alex xelahome at free.fr
Sun Jan 29 20:55:32 MET 2006

Hi,

I discovered something strange (perhaps a bug). Indeed, when I use :

CDEF:25PL=packetloss,8,*
LINE2:25PL#FFFF00:10-25%
GPRINT:25PL:AVERAGE:"Av %3.3lf"

In my graph, if packetloss is (for example) equal to 100 :
- LINE is a straight line at value 25 (like if it interpreted 25PL just as
25).
- In the other hand, GPRINT display right value with 800 (100*8).

Does I badly use CDEF ?
I was unable to verify but I believe remembered that I used this same script
with old RRDTool version (1.0.x) and that it was working. I just upgraded
from 1.2.8 to 1.2.12 but same behavior.

Thank you in advance for your help

Alex