[rrd-users] Re: Directory names

Eric Lennon Bowman ebowman at boboco.ie
Mon Jul 24 17:01:24 MEST 2006

Dirk Bulinckx wrote:
> I would like to be able to specify within the RRDTOOL GRAPH command the
> directory in which the database file (rrd file) can be found.
>
> I tried:
> 	DEF:sa_1=c:\directory\sa_1.rrd:roundtrip:MAX
> And
> 	DEF:sa_1="c:\directory\sa_1.rrd":roundtrip:MAX
>
> But both failed.
>

> How should I do this?

Have you tried using '/' as the directory delimiter, instead of '\'?
That usually works on Windows, and is preferable when dealing with
unix-oriented tools. A Windows directory or file name is not allowed to
contain a '/', so there's no chance of ambiguity; either basically works
fine with most software.

--
Eric Lennon Bowman
BoboCo Ltd