[rrd-users] A screendump of a nice flex application and a feature request for Tobi

Rickard Dahlstrand rd at tilde.se
Fri Jul 28 09:40:50 MEST 2006

Just wanted to share my nice experience with using the new Adobe Flex
2.0 development environment. It allows me to build complex
flashbased-application with a windows-like user interface. It interacts
with the server using XML requests, and I have been using a simple
php-script that executes the rrdtool xport command. The graphs are
drawing really quickly too, it takes about 0,2 sec to execute the
xport-command on the server and about 0,3 to draw it on the screen. The
smooth-bar is used to set the number of values in the xport-command.

However, since the xport-command returns <v>-elements for all the
values, doing more than one value in a graph proved to be a challenge. I
finally resorted to a server-side regular regular expression to change
all those <v> to <v1><v2> etc. So if there a feature that would simplify
this process of flex-graphing, it would be if I could specify the
element-names for the xport.

Hope you like this new look just as much as me.

Thanks, Rickard.

-- Type: image/png
-- Size: 102k (104845 bytes)