[rrd-users] Re: Web Based Forum

Max Kipness max at assuredata.com
Fri Jul 28 21:50:28 MEST 2006

> > Hi,
> > I am very excited about the charting aspect of RRD.
> >
> >  Is there any web-based forum for RRDTool?
> >  I also searched for a RRD Tool FAQ, I didn't find any. Is there any
> for RRDTool?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Alan
> >

> Is everyone so spoiled with forums these days? :)  This list seems
very
> active usually, and it is searchable, etc.  Additionally, places like
> gmane can show you the list in a Blog format, or Forum format if you
> really want that feel.

Mailing lists are sometimes very hard to keep up with. This list does
not have a lot of traffic, but I can tell you that with some lists I
basically shoot all email to /dev/null at the linux mailer gateway, and
then read them/ search them via the web base forum. That way if I need
to post/ask a question, I can do so easily. Having a client like Outlook
sort them can also be a pain as it hogs so many resources.

A good forum I've found for reading RRD (as well as others) posts is
Nabble:

http://www.nabble.com/RRDTool-f792.html

If you register for a free account, it claims you can also post messages
which would get around having to be a member of the list (and get all
the email). I've never tried though.

Max