[rrd-users] Re: Problems with python bindings?

Haroon Rafique haroon.rafique at utoronto.ca
Mon Jul 31 17:15:04 MEST 2006

Hi everyone,

I have a similar issue as mentioned in a previous posting to the list
(which I deleted unfortunately) archived at:

http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/rrd-users/msg11466.html

> It looks like a recent change has broken the Python bindings. I've been
> successfully using them in the past, but I'm having problems after an
> update to 1.2.15 (on a Fedora Core 5 system running Python 2.4).

I am on a Gentoo Linux system with Python 2.4 as well and rrdtool 1.2.15.

Whenever I try and use the bindings (import rrdtool), I get:

 	ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initrrdtool)

Reverting the changeset at:
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool-trac/changeset/839
fixes the problem for me.

Anyone else having problems?