[rrd-users] Re: How can I know that The RRD tool fucntion are installed into the PHP

Peter Valdemar Mørch swp5jhu02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Jun 7 15:00:33 MEST 2006

Thati Ravi thati.ravi-at-gmail.com |Lists| wrote:
> I am new to use RRDTool,that toooo, with PHP.
>
> Can anybody send me how can I configure my PHP 5.x with RRDtool-1.0.49
>
> thanks in advance

Ok, I've now seen several posts from you. I don't use PHP at all, but
I'm going to try to give you some pointers anyway as well as I can.

You are going to have to try a little harder yourself, and ask better
questions, I'm affraid. E.g. read and follow "How To Ask Questions The
Smart Way".
Yes, this requires work, but it will raise your chance of getting an answer.

- I still have no idea what operating system /distro you're on.
   What is it?
- How did you install PHP? From scratch? From a package? Which package /
   which switches did you give to configure?
- Are you using PHP as a command line program or using mod-php under
   apache, or what? What exact version(s) of PHP are you using?
- How did you install RRDTool? From scratch? From a package?
   Exactly which package / which switches did you give to configure?
- Why are you using RRDTool 1.0.49 and not a 1.2 version?
- On 6/1/2006, you wrote: "1.Downloaded  php_rrdtool.tgz" where did you
   get this file? Was it for the right version of PHP and RRDTool?
   Was it for your OS?
- Did you read and follow Dale's suggestion here
   ( you got it since you're on the list! :D ):
   http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/rrd-users/msg11309.html
   as well as the rest of that thread? Why wasn't that successful?
   How far did you get? Errors / error codes?
- Are you following the other PHP related posts on the list?
   What is your experience regarding them?
- Did you follow George Toth's suggestion:
   http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/rrd-users/msg11308.html
   If not, why not?

You need to show that you've tried yourself, and spend time recounting
what you tried and how it failed. This is not paid support! :D

Peter

--
Peter Valdemar Mørch
http://www.morch.com