[rrd-users] complex CDEF questions

Richard Marshall richiemarshall at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 14 12:42:14 MEST 2006

hello,

I am hoping someone can help me with a complex CDEF.

I'm getting large peaks in my graphs due to massive rates of change in the
data that is (incorrect and) very difficult to work around.

I am currently using the work around for know bad data suggested in the
tutorial where if the rate is above a certain value then I set the data to
'unknown'. however this leaves gaps in the graph and is not really what I
want.

What I would like to do is:
If the current rate of change is substantially greater than the previous
value (e.g. 100+ times greater) then plot an average of the last rate and
the next rate of change. So that i would end up with a graph that is without
gaps.

Can anyone suggest how i can do this?

Thanks

Richard

P.s. it appears  the hotmail servers have difficulty in delivering to this
list. 4/5 i get a non deliverable.