[rrd-users] Re: longtime trends

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Jun 14 14:35:47 MEST 2006

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 01:55:03PM +0200, Gerd Mueller wrote:

> I want to use TREND to compute the the total of a specific value over 30
> days. TREND works perfectly for every period within the rrd file but if
> the TREND starts bevor the rrd file (-30days wasn't logged) I do not see
> any value. So I wonder if there is any solution to do such things before
> the first 30days. Best would be some sort of "SUM".
>
> Any ideas?

Why not accept the fact that you have no data to base a trend on and
forget about it during the first 30 days?

Or, a similar approach, change your script each day during those 30 days
to create a 1, 2, 3, 4, ... 30 day trend ?

If at all possible, the best you can get is something that may look like
a 30-day trend but is not.

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/