[rrd-users] Re: X axis labels

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Jun 27 00:59:05 MEST 2006

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 10:52:55AM -0500, Pavleck, Jeremy D. wrote:

> Is there a way to change the X axis labels? Currently I'm running
> reports, and instead of "Week 14, 15, 16, 17" etc they would like to see
> "Week 1", "Week 2", "Week 3" on the X axis, since this is a 1 month
> snapshot I've created.

These are "week of the year" numbers, not arbitrary numbers.

Can you show "Week 1" ?  Sure.  If you're going to pretend the data
is from a certain time, do so when you input it.  So, if you want to
pretend data is in week 1, you have to make sure the timestamp is in
week 1 when you do "rrdtool update".

When you compute the amount of seconds to subtract from timestamps,
make sure to get it right; januari 1st of this year was in week 52
if you use %V and in week 1 when using %U.

HTH
--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/