[rrd-users] Re: Graph Watermark / Footer

William Owen William.Owen at profilesmail.com
Fri Mar 31 16:28:38 MEST 2006

> Hi Alex,
>
> On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
>
> > > I'd like to add a watermark to my graphs similar to the "RRDTOOL /
Tobi
> > > Oetiker" feature on RHS of each graph - ideally something along
the bottom
> > > margin.
> >
> > Just some text below the graph?  Is COMMENT good enough perhaps?

> I'm looking for something a little more understated, a COMMENT would
end
> up just looking like another line in the legend.  The ideal would be
> something very similar to Tobi's watermark on each graph.

> -Ronan

How exactly are you generating your graphs?  If you are using a perl
script, you might consider installing and using the GD library to
overlay an image with your watermark on it.

PS
I'm not the most proficient coder so I can't rattle the exact step off
the top of my head but I am aware that you can overlay two images and
set transparency.