[rrd-users] Re: Graph limited to 14 entries?

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Mon May 1 22:41:35 MEST 2006

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 08:57:55PM +0200, Lars Troen wrote:
> I've created some RRDs with 20-30 DEFs, but I can't seem to show more
> than 14 lines/areas in the same graph.
>
> Is there a way to overcome this limit?

AFAIK there is no such limit.

Possible problems you could encounter:

Out of memory when fetching the data.
Graph script too large for operating system environment.
Maybe others.

The amount of data sources (I take it that is what you
mean when you write "DEF") shouldn't be a problem. However,
maybe you are also using 5-minute data only, and fetch data
for a large amount of time?

Try generating some test script.  Keep it simple.  That one
script should generate a database, put in some data, and
create a graph.  Make sure to use timestamps, not "N" for
now, so we all work with the same data and can compare the
results.

Using that script, show you can graph 14 lines and not 15.

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/