[rrd-users] Re: Again, not a right graphic.

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Mon May 8 21:22:42 MEST 2006

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 08:41:05PM +0200, Greta wrote:
> > You know how to start a graph on sunday.  Why can't you start it on
> > monday or tuesday?  What is the problem?
>
> The problem is it plots the newest data on the left

I doubt this very much.  Unless something changed and I am not
aware of it, rrdtool has the newest data on the right.

> followed by the older
> data. I have tried to shift the x as mention on your site
> http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/shift.php but then I lost the data of
> the last day.

I think you need to take small steps at a time, and experiment some
more, before you decide things go wrong. Also you need to have a look
at the documentation.  For instance: "shift" does not change the X-axis
into new-to-old or vice versa.

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/