[rrd-users] Re: Numbers

Shawn Asmussen shawn.asmussen at gmail.com
Fri May 26 18:46:40 MEST 2006

On 5/26/06, Lars Troen <Lars.Troen at sit.no> wrote:

> Iwant to show numbers with my graphs in "clean" numbers. I'm now having
> entries like 1000m, 80k etc. I would rather like to see these as 1 and
> 80000. What would the formatting be for this? I'm currently having my
> GPRINT like this:
> GPRINT:valueXX:AVERAGE:\t\: %2.0lf %s\n
>
> Lars
> --

(From the rrdgraph man page)
[-X--units-exponent value]
This sets the 10**exponent scaling of the y-axis values. Normally, values
will be scaled to the appropriate units (k, M, etc.).  However,
you may wish to display units always in k (Kilo, 10e3) even if the data is
in the M (Mega, 10e6) range, for instance. Value should be an
integer which is a multiple of 3 between -18 and 18 inclusively.  It is the
exponent on the units you wish to use. For example, use 3 to
display the y-axis values in k (Kilo, 10e3, thousands), use -6 to display
the y-axis values in u (Micro, 10e-6, millionths).  Use a value
of 0 to prevent any scaling of the y-axis values.

So, you need to use -X 0 as a command line option.

Shawn Asmussen