[rrd-users] Re: rrd database showing nan values at a particular time stamp

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Nov 1 13:31:57 MET 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 04:03:04PM +0900, Mr. Suhas Ghosh wrote:
> Hi All,
>     I am using rrd database for drawing CPU , MEMORY and LOAD AVERAGE.
>     my memory rrd is as follows

>            "DS:memuse:GAUGE:600:0:U",

1: there has to be an update within 600 seconds, else the data becomes NaN.
2: this data must be at least 0, else it becomes NaN.

> The problem is that I am getting nan values in mem, cpu, and laod rrd
> database at a particular time

This is not necessarily a problem.  Perhaps the data is indeed not known,
because your update script didn't run.

If the data isn't in your database (dump the rrd file to xml to investigate)
you cannot get it out.

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/