[rrd-users] Re: Unexpected NaN values

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Nov 2 23:42:00 MET 2006

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 05:24:27PM -0500, jeffrey.j.petter at verizon.com wrote:

> In my script that performs the updates to rrd, I am writing the device
> name, update date, time, values to a log file, so I know that data updates
> were attempted.

At least you know that your script got values.  Try duplicating the
update command, prepend with echo and log that too.

No special data source names that could be treated differently? I know
some version accept names like "3com" and others don't (or a similar
problem; can't remember exactly).

Look at the updates carefully.  Are the timestamps further than 600
seconds apart?

Show a couple of consecutive loglines, perhaps something obvious
is visible.

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/