[rrd-users] Re: Problem with graphing counter and average/max values

Westlake, Simon simon.westlake at twcable.com
Thu Nov 16 16:40:33 MET 2006

> Isn't the default to print 0.6 ?  And aren't you specifying
> you want to scale the number, by using %s ?

Nope.. I did not add %s after the 1.1lf originally. This is what
confused me - the graph would display '600m' but the text below the
graph would display a value like 0.5.

> Erm... I stopped once I saw HTML code appear.  To me that's
> even worse than too long lines.

> I've guessed (see attachments, which the list software will replace
> by hyperlinks).  If I guessed wrong:

> Try a separate thread, with an example rrdfile without unnecessary
> stuff.  Self contained examples (one script, generating the RRD,
> filling it with data, and creating PRINT statements) are preferred.

Sorry :) I'll give it a shot. I'm wondering if it's a problem with the
way MRTG generates files, that MAX and AVERAGE seem to be ==. Thanks for
the input.

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner
Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential,
or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this
E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents
of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any
copy of this E-mail and any printout.