[rrd-users] OSX Intel compilation...

poncenby smythe smythe at poncenby.plus.com
Thu Nov 16 22:36:56 MET 2006

List,

I installed the binary from link at the bottom of this post
http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/rrd-developers/msg01807.html after much time
wasting trying to do it manually.
however when using tools which use rrd I get this error:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _png_create_write_struct
   Referenced from: /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.14/lib/librrd.2.dylib
   Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: _png_create_write_struct
   Referenced from: /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.14/lib/librrd.2.dylib
   Expected in: flat namespace

I installed libpng using Fink and is not located under /usr/local/.

I've googled this kind of error but can't find much to help.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance