[rrd-users] Q: Dynamically graphing only DS's with data out of an RRD?

Rivera, Edwin R errivera at cbs.com
Wed Nov 29 16:23:24 MET 2006

Good morning,

I have an RRD database set up with about 100 DS's defined; one for each
error-code I'd like to graph.

My question is: Say over a given period of time, only 10 of the 100
possible error codes are recorded (let's assume the other 90's are all
set to U), is there a way to call `rrdtool graph ...` so that it would
only graph the datapoints that have values other than U in the rrd db?

The root of my problem is basically that I'm trying to graph 100
possible elements on one graph.

Thanks in advance for any help/assistance/guidance you can provide.

FWIW, I'm using RRD v1.2.15 on a Linux FC3 box.

Regards,

Edwin