[rrd-users] Re: another guy getting NaNs

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Nov 29 17:51:53 MET 2006

On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 11:10:20AM -0500, Lincoln Rutledge wrote:

> I apologize, I know you have been very helpful on this list.  I think you are
> trying to lead me toward solving my problem :)  I'm just not sure what you
> are trying to get me to do.

What I am trying to get you to do, is to create an example that
is clear, no room for misinterpretations.

If I (or anyone else for that matter) run the script, the result
should show what you try to describe in words.

If we run the script another time, the result should be _exactly_
the same.

The only reason why results may differ, is if a different rrdtool
version would do something different to your input.

You then say why you think the output is wrong, what it should be,
and I (or anyone else) can comment on this.  Perhaps you are right,
perhaps you found a bug.  Or perhaps you don't understand what is
happening, and you'll be told where you go wrong.

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/