[rrd-users] rrdGraph help

Kant, D (Dave) D.Kant at rl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 30 11:08:52 MET 2006

Hi,

Sometimes my sensor goes offline and the RRD archives contain Unknown datapoints.
I can set them to zero using CDEF statments. This results in large gaps in
the graph. (See the first graph at http://tinyurl.com/ve6d8).

Is there a way - similar to the second graph - to fill these gaps to indicate that
no data is present due to sensor failure. Can someone send me an example?

My rrdgraph scripts sets all UN datapoints to zero, then adds them together.
When the sensor is down, all RRD files have UN datapoints coincident in time.

/usr/bin/rrdtool graph test.png -t 'Used Storage (TB)' -v 'TB' -s -3m -w500 -h125 -l 0
DEF:A=A.rrd:Used:MAX DEF:B=B.rrd:Used:MAX
CDEF:A_u=A,UN,0,A,IF
CDEF:B_u=B,UN,0,B,IF
CDEF:AU=A_u,B_u,+
AREA:AU#00ffff:AU:STACK

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Dr Dave Kant
CCLRC eScience Department                      Phone: (+44)|(0) 1235 778178
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory                Fax:    (+44)|(0) 1235 446626
Chilton, Didcot, Oxon, OX11 0QX, UK         Email:  D.Kant at rl.ac.uk