[rrd-users] problems with gauge

ricardo rey rey_hades19 at yahoo.es
Fri Oct 13 16:10:39 MEST 2006

 am looking for help with a rrdtool data base.
  I want to create a graphic with the data of the mail I am receiving daily sent by exim. With that purpose I created a script that allows me to take data from that mail and put it in the rrdtool data base, but  I am not obtaining the exact values on the graphic.

  There is an example of my data base

  rrdtool create mx.rrd   -s 86400              \
  DS:input:GAUGE:88800:U:U                  \
  DS:output:GAUGE:88800:U:U                \
  RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:365                     \
  RRA:MAX:0.5:1:365                         \
  RRA:MIN:0.5:1:365                         \
  RRA:LAST:0.5:1:365

  This is the original data base, before that I had the same problem with some tests as

  rrdtool create mx.rrd   -s 300              \
  DS:input:GAUGE:600:U:U                  \
  DS:output:GAUGE:600:U:U                \
  RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:30                     \
  RRA:MAX:0.5:1:30                         \
  RRA:MIN:0.5:1:30                         \
  RRA:LAST:0.5:1:30

  When I executed rrdtool fetch mx.rrd AVERAGE |  LAST  | MIN | MAX I neither obtain the exact values I am introducing.

  I also tried to insert data manually with
  rrdtool update mx.rrd N:dato:dato

  But I only obtained the right graphic with the first data and after that the problem remains the same.