[rrd-users] Re: question for rrdtool + tcpstat + tcpdump

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Oct 19 16:32:39 MEST 2006

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 11:22:15AM -0300, Federico Lopez Sarmiento wrote:
> Hi ppl! I'm Federico, new on the list.
>  First of all, i must say that i read the help pages, google it, search the
> answer anywhere and couldn't find it out, so this is why y come to you all.
> I need some help with this:
> i must analyze tcpdump captures ( .LPC ) with tcpstat and graph the results
> with rrdtool.
> Do what i need could be done in some way ?
> thank

Sure.

Split the problem in smaller parts.

1: process the dump files and make sure you get timestamps and numbers.
2: feed timestamps and numbers to rrdtool
3: generate the images

for sub-problem #1, you are on the wrong list
for sub-problem #2, I'm sure you can manage after reading the docs.
for sub-problem #3, dito

HTH
--
Alex van den Bogaerdt