[rrd-users] Fedora Core 6 plus rrdtool-1.2.15

Nick Sharp njsharp at bigpond.net.au
Wed Oct 25 22:26:58 MEST 2006

Sharing re: rrdtool-1.2.15 under Fedora Core 6

So far, great!

As part of my regression testing, I loaded Fedora Core 6 final release (2006-10-24 14:00 UTC) and
then ran the start of the rrd install instructions:

BUILD_DIR=/tmp/rrdbuild
INSTALL_DIR=/usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.15

mkdir -p $BUILD_DIR
cd $BUILD_DIR

wget http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/rrdtool-1.2.15.tar.gz
tar zxf rrdtool-1.2.15.tar.gz
cd rrdtool-1.2.15
./configure --prefix=$INSTALL_DIR && make && make install

At that point, Tobias wrote

	"Ok, this was very optimistic. This try will probably have ended with configure complaining about
several missing libraries."

Well, it didn't!  And then all the examples ran OK,
except for a minor problem with piped-demo.svg which SAID it couldn't find font
/usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.15/share/rrdtool/fonts/DejaVuSansMono-Roman.ttf
which is strange, as it IS there!  I'm still puzzled by that.

Very nice.

Regards
--
Nick Sharp
MA Hons (Oxon), MBCS, CITP
eMl:	njsharp at bigpond.net.au
Add:	77 Brighton Street
	Harbord
	NSW 2096
	Australia
Tel:	+61 2 9938 3459
Mob:	+61 413 948 375

"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe."
[H G Wells: The Outline of History (1920)]