[rrd-users] Re: Multi threaded Perl scripts using RRDTool

Richard Burton richard at atomwide.com
Thu Sep 7 13:04:55 MEST 2006

Hi there

Wonder if someone can explain this error for me.

I have written a perl script which updates the rrd files, but waits
until it has 10 entries before it writes to the rrd file. Its generally
working although occasionally I get the error

RRDTool Update ERROR: reading the cookie off
e:/snmp-poller/10.127.254.48/10.127.254.48-ifOutErrors_13.rrd faild

Does this mean the perl script cannot get a lock on the file for some
reason? Its not multi threaded so am scratching my head a bit as to
understand why I would have file locking errors if this is indeed the
reason

Thanks

Richard