[rrd-users] Re: Stacked area's limit

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Mon Sep 25 15:15:26 MEST 2006

Simon Hobson wrote:
> The first area statement should be WITHOUT the stack option, it is
> then drawn on the baseline, further areas are then define WITH the
> stack option so they are stacked on top of it. For the second group
> (the '-'s) you repeat the whole process. Eg :
>
>    AREA:${IP}-in#${colour}:"${Address}"
>    AREA:${IP}-in#${colour}:"${Address}":STACK
>    AREA:${IP}-in#${colour}:"${Address}":STACK
>
>    AREA:${IP}-out#${colour}:
>    AREA:${IP}-out#${colour}::STACK
>    AREA:${IP}-out#${colour}::STACK

Thanks guys, that works perfectly although I'm still totally
confused why my smaller version using the same code just
worked and this one didnt but hey ;)

Tobias the 95% was unknown data from 1 of the sources
which explains why I was seeing valid results when I
cut them down as I happened to be excluding the problem
source by coincidence.

All my problems with this now sorted again thanks for
your help most appreciated.

    Steve