[rrd-users] RRDs seems broken on OpenBSD

Sam Umbach sumbach at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 06:42:00 CEST 2007

On 4/10/07, jim steele <jsteele1997 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Disregard this, I was missing some input files. Now I am back to the
> lazy binding failed error, however it is different now that I am using
> the older versions of the prerequisites, which are:
>
> freetype-2.1.10
> libpng-1.2.10
> libart_lgpl-2.3.17
> zlib-1.2.3
>
> The error I get now is:
>
> /usr/bin/perl:/usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.19/lib/librrd.so.2.9: undefined
> symbol 'FT_Init_FreeType'
> lazy binding failed!
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Jim,

We've narrowed down the problem.  RRDs.so is successfully loaded, as
is librrd.so.  Unfortunately the other libraries (libart_lgpl, libpng,
and libfreetype) are not being demand-loaded as they should.

Try setting LD_BIND_NOW=1 environment variable and running rrdtool at
the command line.  Also try setting this and running your perl script.
 Do you see the same error?

Please send the output from ldd that Ulf requested.  This could be
helpful in tracking down any problems with the dynamic linker.  Do all
the relevant libraries (librrd, libart_lgpl, libpng, and libfreetype)
appear in the output from "/sbin/ldconfig -p"?

-Sam