[rrd-users] RRDTool on OpenBSD 4.0

Anthony Miller anthonyjoemiller at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 15:42:02 CEST 2007

On 4/10/07, Kevin Steves <stevesk at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 08:26:50AM -0500, Anthony Miller wrote:
> : I'm having difficulty getting RRDTool 1.2 to configure/compile on
> : OpenBSD 4.0.  It claims it can't find libpng when I know the
> : package/port from OpenBSD is installed.   Anyone have any experience
> : with this?
>
> I just built 1.2.19 on 4.0 using:
>
> export CFLAGS="-I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include/libpng -I/usr/local/include/libart-2.0 -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib"
>
> ./configure \
>     --disable-ruby --disable-python
>
> gmake

I tried this and basically got the same errors.  I don't have X
running on this server (and don't want to).   Here is the relevant
output of ./configure --disable-ruby --disable-python

Findr 3rd-Party Libraries
checking for art_vpath_add_point in -lart_lgpl_2... no
checking for pkg-config... no
configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of libart-2.0. Check config.log for
hints on why
  this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS appropriately
  so that compiler and the linker can find libart_lgpl_2 and its
header files. If
  you have not installed libart-2.0, you can get it either from its
original home on

     ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/libart_lgpl/2.3/

  You can find also find an archive copy on

     http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/libs

  The last tested version of libart-2.0 is 2.3.17.

       LIBS=-lm
   LDFLAGS=
  CPPFLAGS= -I/usr/include/libart-2.0

checking for zlibVersion in -lz... yes
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for png_access_version_number in -lpng... no
checking for pkg-config... no
configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of libpng. Check config.log for hints on why
  this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS appropriately
  so that compiler and the linker can find libpng and its header files. If
  you have not installed libpng, you can get it either from its original home on

     http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/libpng/

  You can find also find an archive copy on

     http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/libs

  The last tested version of libpng is 1.2.10.

       LIBS=-lz -lm
   LDFLAGS=
  CPPFLAGS=

checking for FT_Init_FreeType in -lfreetype... no
checking for pkg-config... (cached) no
configure: WARNING:
* I could not find a working copy of freetype2. Check config.log for
hints on why
  this is the case. Maybe you need to set LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS appropriately
  so that compiler and the linker can find libfreetype and its header files. If
  you have not installed freetype2, you can get it either from its
original home on

     http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/freetype/

  You can find also find an archive copy on

     http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/pub/libs

  The last tested version of freetype2 is 2.1.10.

       LIBS=-lz -lm
   LDFLAGS=
  CPPFLAGS= -I/usr/include/freetype2