[rrd-users] RRDTool on OpenBSD 4.0

Anthony Miller anthonyjoemiller at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 21:46:32 CEST 2007

On 4/11/07, Andreas Maus <a.maus at science-computing.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 08:42:02AM -0500, Anthony Miller wrote:
> > I tried this and basically got the same errors.  I don't have X
> > running on this server (and don't want to).   Here is the relevant
> > output of ./configure --disable-ruby --disable-python
> >
> > Findr 3rd-Party Libraries
> > checking for art_vpath_add_point in -lart_lgpl_2... no
> > checking for pkg-config... no
> Hi.
>
> Did you install the missing software from the ports?
> OpenBSD 4.0 ports comes with libpng 1.2.12 (/usr/ports/graphics/png/)
> and libart version 2.23.17 (/usr/ports/graphics/libart).
>
> The problem is freetype2. In the ports is only freetype 1.3.1
> but there is a freetype2 library inside /usr/X11R6 (at least in the
> new Xenocara tree). You may check xbase40.tgz if it contains includes
> and a library for freetype2.
>
> HTH,
>
> Andreas.
>
> P.S.: You may also post such OpenBSD specific problems to misc at openbsd.org
>
> --
> Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Maus             science+computing ag
> System Administration               Hagellocher Weg 73
> mail: a.maus at science-computing.de   72070 Tuebingen, Germany
> tel.: +49 7071 9457 456             www.science-computing.de

Yes,  I've install libart and png from pkg_add.  I needed these
libraries for another piece of software.  In fact I think the version
off rrdtool from the ports requires these as well.  As far as the
freetype2 I have this directory on my system
/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2/freetype with stuff in it.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions