[rrd-users] RPN Question

Wesley PA4WDH pa4wdh at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 13:27:02 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I have a question about RPN. I'm sorry if it has been
asked before. I've search my email archive but didn't
find it.

I have a lot of rrd's with the same DS in it. What i
want to do is to calculate the sum of all the DS's and
display that in a "total" graph.

The problem is that those DS's have a lot of unknown
values in it. What i need is a RPN that does:

if (value_of_ds != unknown)
return new_value+total_caluclated_so_far
else return total_calculated_so_far

I have tried this:
total=new_value,UN,total_calucated_so_far,total_calulated_so_far,new_value,+,IF

Ofcource is use other DEF names, but you get what i
mean :-)

This doesn't have the result i would like to have
(Graph stays empty).

Any sugestions ?

Best regards,
Wesley