[rrd-users] New to rrd and need some help ...

estojicevic at debianworld.org estojicevic at debianworld.org
Wed Aug 15 12:22:10 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm just beginning to use rrdtools and need some help ...

I have datas from a DB that I would like to monitor to get some graph ..

I would like to have graphs every 1,3,6,12,24 hours for the last two months.

I need also to drop the higher value and the lower one and have an average of the datas

I found an example on the net but dont know if that should be okay because I dont get the RRA syntax and if someone can explain it a little bit ...

rrdtool create test.rrd --start N --step 300 \

DS:data1:GAUGE:600:50:350 \
DS:data2:GAUGE:600:50:350 \
DS:data3:GAUGE:600:50:350 \
DS:data4:GAUGE:600:50:350 \