[rrd-users] Rrdtool restore problem and list use problem

Shriver, Daniel dshriver at mitre.org
Thu Aug 16 16:34:58 CEST 2007

I've got two questions: one an rrd question and the other a
rrd_user_list question:

rrd question:
   I'm having trouble moving info from a 1.2.12 db into XML and into a
new 1.2.23 db.
   I can get an XML export from a 1.2.12 db using either 1.2.12 rrdtool
or 1.2.23 rrdtool but then when I try to "restore" the XML file using
1.2.23 rrdtool I get a cryptic error message:

              ERROR: Incompatible file version, detected version . This
is not supported by the version 0003 restore tool.

   I don't see why doing a binary -> XML transform would work when XML
-> binary wouldn't.  And I'm puzzled by the error message (it doesn't
seem to be getting a version number

rrd_user_list question:
  I'm having trouble searching the user list.
  On the web interface I can look in the archive but it's partitioned
by month.  Is there some way I can search ALL of the archive by
keywords rather than opening up each months archive (and using browser
'find' commands)?