[rrd-users] day of week print error on x-axis

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed Aug 22 12:59:12 CEST 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 04:57:35PM +0900, nina wrote:
> I want to make weekly reporting graph.
> I used command to create weekly graph as follow;
>
> rrdtool graph week3.png -s -1week -t test --lazy -h 80 -w 600 -l 0 -a
> PNG DEF:in=test.rrd:in:AVERAGE AREA:in#32CD32:Incoming
>
> but as you can see this url:http://aqua.cnu.ac.kr/~nina/week3.png, x-axis
> printing error is occur, I think.
>
> and then I used perl as follow, but result is same(error).
>
> daily, monthly, yearly graph's x-axis is printed collectly.
> only when weekly graph is created, x-axis is not printed "mon,web....".

This probably has something to do with an unsupported character set.
Are you sure month names are displayed correctly?

Try a couple of things:

1: change the environment before RRDtool graph is run.
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   export LANG

2: set an X-axis grid and label yourself, using the "-x" option
   --x-grid HOUR:8:DAY:1:DAY:1:0:%A
   (copied from TFM)
   perhaps play a bit with the various elements of this setting

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/