[rrd-users] showing elapsed time on horizontal axis

Christiaan Ottow chris at 6core.net
Mon Dec 3 12:01:22 CET 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm using RRDtool to monitor a few servers I use for a research
assignment as part of my study. I run tests on these servers, and
afterwards I use the graphs generated by rrdtool to see if any of the
servers was reaching a bottleneck in disk activity, load or network
throughput. These graphs show the activity in each of these values for
the past hour (or two).

However, since the exact time is not important when using rrdtool in
this way, I would like the labels on the horizontal axis to be the
time elapsed since the graph-start. When I use the last 7200 seconds
to create the graph, I'd like the horizontal axis to begin labelling
at 0, and end at 7200 or even better, 2h.

I couldn't find any examples of this, but I hope it is possible. Can
you guys help me out?

Best regards,

Christiaan Ottow