[rrd-users] Area in different colors

Simone Felici s.felici at alpikom.it
Tue Dec 4 14:48:55 CET 2007

Hi to all!

I know, this was often discussed, but I cannot find an example.
I've a graph with one DS (area) and I need this single DS change color every 20 units if the DS goes over these values. The scale goes from 0 to 100
(like a rainbow).
I've found something but only changing one time the colour:

(...)
'DEF:cnxs=NbCnx.rrd:cnxs:AVERAGE' \
'CDEF:Cnxs=cnxs,600,LE,cnxs,600,IF' \
'CDEF:CnxsOrange=cnxs,600,LE,0,cnxs,600,-,IF' \
'AREA:Cnxs#00FF00' \
'STACK:CnxsOrange#FF9F00'
(...)

This works, but I've no idea how to create multiple colors...
Can someone help me?
Thank's a lot!

Simon

Simone Felici                    E-Mail: s.felici at alpikom.it
Divisione Tecnica                Tel:    0461 030 111
Alpikom S.p.A.                   Fax:    0461 030 112
v.Fersina, 23 - 38100 Trento     URL:    http://www.alpikom.it