[rrd-users] I want to modify the step of an RRD

Jan Schmidt rrdusers at jan-o-sch.net
Wed Dec 12 00:15:21 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm looking for a possibility to change the step value stored in an RRD
file. The only reference I could find in the archives of this list was
answered with a reference to rrdtune. However, according to its man
page, rrdtune is only able to modify the heartbeat. "step" is not even
mentioned in the man page.

In my opinion, there is no logical restriction on changing the step,
however rrdtool must rewrite the whole rrd file when modifying its step,
if I understood the concepts correctly :-)

Jan