[rrd-users] rrd fetch changes between 1.0 and 1.2

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Fri Feb 2 19:05:03 CET 2007

Hi Gergely,

not realy ...

note that the entry at 1170422700: contans data valid between:
1170422400 and 1170422700.

You could argue that in this case 1.2 is giving too much data back
by also returning the data for the interval following 1170423300
this is right, BUT all rrdtool fetch garantees you is that it will
return as much data as is required to 'cover' the time frame
specified with start and end ...

note that there have bben some adjustments to the algorithm during
the 1.2 life cycle, so make sure you use the latest version.

cheers
tobi

http://it.oetiker.ch tobi at oetiker.ch ++41 62 213 9902