[rrd-users] Use RRDTool On Windows With Python - Cant import rrdtool

AzureBell mark.easton at azurebell.co.nz
Mon Feb 5 03:50:52 CET 2007

RRDtool 1.2.12  Python 2.4  Windows binary

Instructions are:

Install Python (version 2.4 works for me).
Copy all 5 dlls and test_rrd.py to your_directory.
> chdir your_directory
> python test_rrd.py
A test RRD database will be created and some random data saved to it,
then a graph will be shown. That is all.

So I have done this - and all I get back is :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 0, in <module>
ImportError: No module named rrdtool

I have the 5 dlls sitting in my local directory.

So, the instructions are pretty brief and clear .. so why is it not working?