[rrd-users] Maximum number of data sources/max cdef size.

Andreas Maus a.maus at science-computing.de
Fri Feb 9 18:12:38 CET 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 05:02:27PM +0000, George Barnett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm aggregating boxes into a graph to draw a cluster and I'm getting
> null values.
>
> Is there a maximum number of datasources in 1 graph?
>
> Is there a maximum size of a cdef?
>
> I've found that if I do this with only a few DS's, it works fine.  Maybe
> somebody has tried this before?
>
> My graph command is below:

Hi George.

I guess that there is a upper limit, but I don't think you reach it ;)
I'm doing similar graphs for 166 nodes, with 4 DS for each node
(CPU stats: user,nice,system,idle) without any problem
(using rrdtool 1.2.12 - yes I know thats old ;).
(This includes several CDEF statements like sorting out unreachable nodes, etc. )

Whats puzzling me are your strange (at least for me) looking
DEFs. e.g.:

DEF:1aggminclient_requests=sql//RRDValue/UnixTimeStamp/value/RRDKeyID=5057/derive/:value:MIN

Whats these sql thingy? Do you store your data in an SQL database ?
If yes, maybe thats the problem. I'm storing my data in plain rrd files.

HTH,

Andreas.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Andreas Maus             science+computing ag
System Administration               Hagellocher Weg 73