[rrd-users] Call for help: Windows developer trying to get started...

David Taylor david.taylor at sl.com
Thu Feb 15 20:07:42 CET 2007

Hello folks,

I'm pretty sure that this is a standard message that goes out once in a
while and apologize if I have missed some obvious resource.

For all the best reasons I am trying to get started with RRDTool.  As  a
developer I am familiar with C/C++ and my preferred Windows development
environment is Visual Studio 2005.

If possible I would like to get started without having to build RRDTool
itself.

Our intention is to integrate RRDTool with a Windows-based and
Java-based proprietary solution.

I have looked over the material on the web site but there seems to be a
lot of stuff that suggests that the preferred RRDTool environment is Linux.

Please would someone point me at the method of installing RRDTool and
setting up the necessary environment variables, libraries and such like
on 32 bit Windows XP SP2?

Thanks in advance.

David
--

David W. Taylor
Developer | SL Corporation | http://www.sl.com

david.taylor at sl.com <mailto:david.taylor at sl.com> | Tel: +1.415.927.8555 | Fax: +1.415.927.8401

Email communication may contain privileged or confidential information
proprietary to SL Corporation. If you have received this communication
in error, we ask that you advise the sender by reply e-mail and
immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying or
disclosing the contents.