[rrd-users] Using update to insert legacy values into an existing RRD archive?

Rob Newman rlnewman at ucsd.edu
Tue Jan 9 18:29:17 MET 2007

Hi there,

I am continuously monitoring a whole series of variables with RRD,
and this is working happily. I have old primary data points (time
stamp and value) that I wish to add to these existing RRD archives.
Is there anything I should be aware of when I do this? The archives
are currently being updated every twenty seconds with new PDP's, so I
am concerned about clashes. Is this a needless worry?

Thanks in advance.
- Rob