[rrd-users] Re: Using update to insert legacy values into an existing RRD archive?

Rob Newman rlnewman at ucsd.edu
Mon Jan 15 18:20:37 MET 2007

Thanks Leif,

All - Is there not a way to update an RRD archive by giving it a file
of timestamp - value pairs and doing a bulk update? Or do I have to do:

rrdtool update time1 value1
rrdtool update time2 value2
rrdtool update time3 value3

for the thousands of legacy data values I want to put into the new
(legacy values) RRD archives?

I have written a script to do this in Perl, but if it involves
calling (via the Perl bindings) the cmd line rrdtool update for each
value then it is going to take ages.

Thanks for any help.
- Rob