[rrd-users] rrdtool-1.2.15 on Solaris 10 - IEEE math check fails

Bhaskar Regmi bhaskar.regmi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 02:35:37 MET 2007

I have been working on Cacti implementation for some time on Solaris
10. Everything has been compiled and installed successfully except
rrdtool-1.2.15. It just fails while running the configure script at
IEEE match check. I patched the configure.ac with the lines suggested
by Tobias Oetiker and still getting the same error. I am using SUNWgcc
(gcc3.4.3).

IEEE Math Checks
checking for fpclassify... no
checking for fpclassify with <math.h>... no
checking for finite... yes
checking for isinf... no
checking for isinf with <math.h>... no
checking if IEEE math works out of the box... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -ieee switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -qfloat=nofold switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -w -qflttrap=enable:zerodivide... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -mieee switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -q float=rndsngl switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -OPT:IEEE_NaN_inf=ON switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -OPT:IEEE_comparisons=ON switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with fpsetmask(0)... no
checking if IEEE math works with signal(SIGFPE,SIG_IGN)... no
configure: error:
Your Compiler does not do propper IEEE math ... Please find out how to
make IEEE math work with your compiler and let me know (tobi at oetiker.ch).
Check config.log to see what went wrong ...

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Bhaskar