[rrd-users] Make just stops when compiling on Solaris 10 x86

Jonathan Armitage jon.armitage at hepworthband.co.uk
Wed Jan 24 16:54:17 CET 2007

My apologies if this question has been asked before, as I am new to the
list.

I did have a quick look through the archives, but there was nothing recent.

I have just tried to compile v 1.12.18 on a PC running Solaris 10.

The make just stops at this point:

make  install-data-hook
cd /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.18/share/doc/rrdtool-1.2.18/html && rm -f
index.html && ln -s rrdtool.html index.html
Making install in examples
sed 's,@''exec_prefix@,/usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.18,'  > cgi-demo.cgi

and I have to Ctrl-C to regain control of the terminal. The file
cgi-demo.cgi has been created but is empty.

(The output is from make install as root, but the same happens if I do a
make as myself).

However, all the executables seem to have been created and installed.

Jon