[rrd-users] Replicating part or all of rrd files

Jacob, Raymond A Jr raymond.jacob at navy.mil
Wed Jan 24 17:15:47 CET 2007

Thank you,
raymond

-----Original Message-----
From: rrd-users-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch
[mailto:rrd-users-bounces at lists.oetiker.ch] On Behalf Of Marc Powell
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 18:11
To: rrd-users at lists.oetiker.ch
Subject: Re: [rrd-users] Replicating part or all of rrd files

I've been successfully using rsync's whole-file option to shuffle around
many rrd files for years with no issues. Same kind of scenario but with
Cricket. 5 data collection machines poll the data and update the files.
Every 30 minutes I the rsync the files to a central server for further
processing and aggregate display through the web GUI. Currently 32819
files and about 17Gb of data and have never seen an issue. I haven't
tested rsync's delta support with binary files but it makes me nervous
(probably unjustly).

-
Marc