[rrd-users] Make just stops when compiling on Solaris 10 x86

Jonathan Armitage jon.armitage at hepworthband.co.uk
Wed Jan 24 19:45:20 CET 2007

Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

> To test: type "hello<enter><ctrl-D>" at this point.  You won't get a
> usable cgi-demo.cgi but perhaps the process continues.

OK, following that suggestion, I altered the Makefile in examples to read:

cgi-demo.cgi: cgi-demo.cgi.in $(top_builddir)/config.status
	<Added>cat cgi-demo.cgi.in |</Added> sed
's,@''exec_prefix@,$(exec_prefix),' $< > $@
         chmod a+x $@

and the make now completes successfully.

But since my understanding of both make and sed is limited there is
probably a more elegant way to do it. At least it's a useful use of cat :)

Jon